1. Meatfast the week before the beginning of Great Lent
2. Great Lent and Holy Week
1. Nativity (St. Philip's) Fast November 15 through December 24
2. Apostles' (Peter and Paul) Fast from the Monday after All Saints Sunday through June 28
3. Dormition (Theotokos) Fast August 1 through August 14
1. The Wednesdays and Fridays of the Year, except for Fast-free Weeks
2. The Eve of Theophany January 5
3. The Beheading of St. John the Baptist August 29
4. The Elevation of the Cross September 14
1. Afterfeast of the Nativity of Christ to Theophany Eve from December 25 through January 4
2. The week following the Sunday of the Publican and Pharisee
3. Bright Week the week after Pascha
4. Trinity Week the week after Pentecost, concluding with All Saints Sunday
Excerpt taken from "These Truths We Hold - The Holy Orthodox Church: Her Life and Teachings". Compiled and Edited by A Monk of St. Tikhon's Monastery. Copyright 1986 by the St. Tikhon's Seminary Press, South Canaan, Pennsylvania 18459.
To order a copy of "These Truths We Hold" visit the St. Tikhon's Orthodox Seminary Bookstore.